We are in the early stages of Remote Teaching & Learning. In that context, parents and students can click on this link to complete a short survey around how you feel our remote teaching and learning is progressing. This will inform us as teachers, students and parents as to what we could do differently to try to improve for the benefit of all of us on this new journey.
Teachers may be contacted by email. Please find a list of current teaching staff email here.
It is essential that students fully utilise their time during the emergency school closure measures announced by An Taoiseach on Thursday 12th of March 2020.
- Students were advised on Thursday the 12th of March to make sure that they bring home all necessary books and materials with them so that they can continue to work from home.
- See Letter to Families ( 18 March2020 )
- Students should complete all work, assigments, tasks etc sent to them by their teachers.
- All students are equipped with a Microsoft Office 365 account giving them access to a suite of cloud based software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams. This also gives them their own personal email address.
- Parents should encourage their child to submit assigned work. Please urge them to do so within agreed timeframes.
- Teachers should provide feedback and ensure continuity of learning.
- Advice from National Educational Psychological Service (NEPS) - Relaxation Techniques
- Advice from National Council for Special Education (NCSE) - Useful Websites to Support Physical Education at Home for students with Special Educational Needs
- Press release fron Dept of Education- Statement from the Department of Education and Skills on COVID-19 - schools will remain closed until 19 April.
Please check Facebook & Twitter (@colaisteabbain) for more platforms to use for Students and Teachers.
Guidance & Counselling Department
Each Year Group and Year Head will have different mechanisms for incorporating Wellbeing into the curriculum. For example, 6th Yrs under their Year Head Ms Simmons have created a Teams communication group whereby Exercise Programmes, Songs , Careers and Other Resources are shared amongst staff and students.
Mr Larkin has posted his Colaiste Abbain Well-being Page on Padlet, with a fantastic suite of resources for all students that include:
Children with Special Educational Needs
In addition to the normal supports, the NCSE is providing online resources for children with Special Educational Needs who are at home as a result of the schools’ closure. Online resources for home learning available on NCSE website.
Other online supports available:
www.studyclix.ie (Exam builders) . We encourage all 3rd and 6th years to avail of this.
iRevise.com are giving premium memberships to all students for one month*, for free. iRevise.com’s lead Maths contributor will be providing free live online classes during the duration of the COVID-19 lockdown.
More frequent updates are provided on School Twitter Feed.