STUDENT LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN COLÁISTE ABBÁIN
- We endeavour to include students in the day to day life of our school.
- We want to encourage students to develop and define their leadership potential in Coláiste Abbáin.
- Practical student participation is at the core of our student leadership programmes and activities.
- • Meitheal leaders
- • Student Council
- • Prefects
- • Head Boy/Head Girl
- • Mental health committee – Amber Flag
- • Phoenix Times newspaper team
- • School bank
- • Enterprise Students
- • Pope John Paul Award
- • Éacht Attainment Programme
- • Digital Leaders
- • Prospectus team
- School Pantomime
- • Sports
- • Trad for Trócaire
- Lourdes Trip
ADVICE FOR PARENTS
- Find an area of interest.
- Encourage your child to get involved in that student leadership activity.
- Encourage your child to contribute positively to our school community.
- Help us to recognise, acknowledge and develop your child’s full potential
"Being involved in the school newspaper afforded me the opportunity of working as part of a team. Julie and I gave a presentation to our BOM which was a valuable learning experience. This gave us great confidence in public speaking. "
Kieva Hynes (6th Year 2018/19)
"Being a Meitheal leader taught me the importance of guiding young people enabling them to make a smooth transition from primary school. It provided me with the opportunity to develop good interpersonal skills which I will use throughout my life."
Katie Goldsmith (6th Year 2018/19)