For Latest Updates from the Department of Education & Skills, please follow this link: https://www.education.ie/covid19
10 April 2020: Minister McHugh Announces Postponement of State Examinations
Chief Medical Officer advice to parents and schools
- 10 March 2020: Letter from the Chief Medical Officer of the Department of Health, Dr Tony Holohan to school principals
- 02 March 2020: Letter from the Chief Medical Officer to Parents of School & Pre School Children
- 01 March 2020: Letter from the Chief Medical Officer of the Department of Health, Dr Tony Holohan to school principals
- 27 February 2020:The Chief Medical Officer from the Department of Health, Dr Tony Holohan, has issued the following letter to parents of school children travelling from affected regions.
Please see links below in relation to HSE advice re Corona Virus (COVID-19).
Protect yourself from coronavirus
- wash your hands properly and regularly with soap and water or clean them with an alcohol-based hand rub
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze
- put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
We are equally aware that there are many students and parents in Ireland for whom English/Irish is not their first language.
With this in mind, the Department of Health and the HSE have produced Covid-19 resources in a range of languages other than Irish and English which you can access below:
The languages currently available are Chinese, Italian, Spanish, French, Arabic, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Latvian and Lithuanian.