Research Findings: What our students say...
In a recent NBSS online survey our students provided us with interesting responses. Here are a few quotes of what our students said about Colaiste Abbain.
In this school I like…
- "I like coming to school to see my friends and the atmosphere. I like the one to one attention when you struggle with a subject that you find hard that we get extra help when we need it because the school is quite small, and everyone knows everyone"
- "friends and most of the teachers"
- "its small, we can get extra help if we need it, we know everyone in the school"
- "The atmosphere. I like that I don't complain about coming to school. I like the student/teacher relationship, you can have fun but you do work at the same time. everyone gets on well and its like a family. if your struggling with a subject the teacher helps you with it. I like the fact that its fair and everyone is working together to get results at the end of the year"
- "the freedom i have to learn the way that works best for me"
- "the fact that's its such a small school and the teachers know us as individuals"
- "that the teachers are very helpful and kind and we isn't judged for being individuals. students feel comfortable with speaking to teachers as a friend. I like that we can have an opinion in class and the teachers are really nice"
- "the teachers. The teachers usually let you express your ideas in classes like maths Irish English but most definitely in our practical classes and they're easy to hold up conversation with"
- "the variety of subjects and sports you can participate in and have plenty of options for your junior/ leaving cert"
- "The opportunities that we have and how we all are treated fairly most the time and we all are listened to and no-one is left out."
- "How friendly everyone is to each other."
- "how the teachers make sure that we understand what we are learning"
- "how friendly the teachers are and how close everyone in the school are together"
- "when the teachers take time to help you with things that you are struggling with"